Wednesday, July 6, 2011

a new place for the 4th

We had a great 4th of July extended weekend, though I was missing my at "home home" farm fun. Summerfest kicked off here in Milwaukee last week--it is the LARGEST music festival in the world. Milwaukee has permanent festival grounds right on the great lake of Michigan dedicated to this two weeks of music and fun. Brian and I biked down to the festival to see Owl City, who was spectacular live. The instrumentals were phenomenal. We had a little trouble making it home though, because some punks had stolen my bike seat, post, and both our tail lights. We attempted to take a bus back home, but ended up downtown where the connecting bus was full. We finally decided to make the standing bike ride home, which was now even further from our original point of origin. Oh well, I now have myself a nicer new seat and a taller more adult friendly post. I also desperately needed to burn off some million calories I consumed earlier at the Comet Cafe. Seriously, the most gargantuan creative meatloaf towering sandwhich ever and I proudly joined the clean plate club.
Moving on, we also spent the weekend at a cookout with some of Brian's coworkers. That was really nice, I always love when cornhole is available for play. We hung out with our new neighbors that live under us alot this holiday weekend. They are a super nice couple and have made our first two weeks in Milwaukee much more sociable and enjoyable.

Our little village here put on a great fireworks show Monday night on the beach--I'd call it small but mighty. They had the most unique fireworks I had ever seen. I am so in love with our little town that we live in. Yesterday I was at the food market and this little old lady looks up at me and states with her cute Wisconsin accent, "you look REAL good." Haha, I love people here, they are so nice. Brian swears that all the police officers here have been abducted by aliens, because they are so dang friendly.
In the words of Owl City, "Milwaukee, you are so adorable. I am blessed to be here"

No comments: