Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dysfunctional Relationship

Midway through my run today I officially declared to myself that I hate running. By the end I was feeling motivated to sign up for a half marathon. Its such an on going dysfunctional psychotic relationship.

I am trying to get back in the swing of running. It can be so discouraging to know that in the fall five or so miles was actually enjoyable and now fast forward past a lazy winter a wee little mile feels like torture. I hate that I didn't stick with it over the winter...why why why?

Luckily I didn't chow down all winter long and stuck to eating healthy. Somehow I have managed to drop 14 pounds since September....however, after a few tough workouts I am starting to think some of that is muscle doing a disappearing act.

None the less, I am excited for warm weather and being active again. I got a much needed tune up on my new bike and she is riding awesome now. So cheers to spring and cheers to running too...I guess I don't hate you after all.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

you can do it girl! and yes, i do the same where i get out of routine and starting back up is so hard ugh!

Lacey said...

Ah - the winter do-nothings. So sad how quickly it's all lost, isn't it?

I am running again too - all through the joint motivation of a few friends and some early mornings!