Lets be honest here, we both were rooting for a little boy. I have always had boy thoughts, boy dreams, envisions of cute suspenders, collared shirts, and chasing frogs. I think I might be one of the few women that find boys clothes to be much cuter and think that little boys are just too fun.
"See those three lines, she's a girl." It is so weird saying she now. Our little girl! I have always called little critter a "he" mainly because "he" tends to be more generic.
I was feeling a little, I don't know, I suppose you could say down after our ultrasound yesterday. I felt terribly guilty for not being super crazy excited with magical fairyland feelings over the reveal of our baby's gender. I started feeling really sad and emotional, not because I was disappointed that it wasn't a he, but that I wasn't jumping for joy.
Then I talked to siblings and parents and the excitement started to peek around the corner. I looked at some gender neutral clothes we had been gifted and started picturing a little girl in them. Sppph, I couldn't even see a boy anymore wearing those little yellow duckies; these clothes were made for our little girl. Then I started crying, because our baby appeared to be healthy and what a huge blessing that is. She was so cute and cozy curled up balancing on top of her head. She was so stubborn about showing her face, kicking and swatting at the wand but never moving out of her comfy position. She was very unhappy with the ultrasound tech trying to wake her up from her nap. She reminds me a bit of her Dad who is impossible to wake up from a slumber and like me who sleeps curled up with my hands covering my face. She is our daughter, a true gift from God. We love this kiddo so much already and I am ecstatic to meet our little gal.

1 comment:
Tey looks funny in his one gender neutral duck outfit. Just saying.
I am super excited for a little girl. I love baby girl clothes (perhaps because I have been buying baby boy clothes for 3 years now)
ANd think of how rockin' Morgann is. She will teach "Leah" how to be rockin' girl too, no doubt.
Post a Comment