Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Third Trimester!

Wahoo! I have made it to the last, the final, the third trimester. I feel relieved to have made it to the last one third of this pregnant journey.

Overall this has been a good pregnancy. I mean there was the puking and all, but that just comes with the territory of bringing a little poop monster miracle into the world. A little back pain, restless nights, and growing pains seem to come and go, but otherwise I am feeling purty good.

There are some things that I didn't expect or thought that I would be doing differently. I thought I would continue down the ultra healthy lifestyle that I had going on prior to pregnancy. Clean food only, juicing everyday, exercise mania..you know, the works. No way would I be one of those ladies that gave into fatty cravings, especially not *GASP* processed foods. While, I won't say I have been horrible, I will say that cravings are a serious business.

I think Brian and I's biggest fight of season (and by fight I mean me going on a pregnant hormone rampage) was over him not wanting to drive with me to get Tom Yum soup past 9:00 pm on a Saturday night. I had to have, I could not live without out it, I would fall over and die without that spicy make you cry deliciousness in a bowl. He finally gave in to my dramatic ways and joined me on my quest for my favorite Thai soup and all was restored in the Dykens' household.

Its also funny how we used to have the toughest time making a decision on where to eat on date nights. Now not only do I know what kind of food I want, but exactly what restaurant I want, and exactly what I am going to order when I get there. Brian and I both had a bit of craving for a hamburger one night. While Brian was unsure of which establishment to choose, I knew the only burger for me that night was the one from the Rumpus Room. Brian pulled out our Milwaukee burger guide (yes we have one) and proceeded to read out options. The conversation went something like this.
Me: I want to go to the Rumpus Room
Brian: This place has a burger with Chorizo in it
Me: I want the Rumpus Room burger
Brian: You don't want to try somewhere new on the list?
Me: I want a Rumpus Room burger!!
...And so Rumpus Room it was. 

Hopefully this last trimester will continue to go smoothly. I am hoping to avoid the waddling ,cankle, snissing, and all those other not so pleasant things you hear about. Speaking of "snissing", that might be my favorite term. If you aren't familiar with "snissing", it basically putting the words sneezing and that p-i-s-you know the other letter word. The slang for pee always bothers me but pair it with the "sn" and I find it hilarious. If you still aren't following me it means peeing when you sneeze. Yeah, isn't pregnancy glamorous? The point is, it hasn't happened to me....yet. Don't worry, I won't tell you if it ever does! We do joke often about it in our house, because I sneeze a lot. Every time I say, "PHEW, I didn't sniss"

Anyways, I am so ready to meet this baby girl. Now we just need to find a name for our little "Critta". (Critter has been replaced with Critta to sound more girly). Until then, I am going to enjoy feeling her wild kicks, flips, and cute little hiccups. Happy third trimester Critta! You are doing great!

1 comment:

Sarah Gouger said...

haha I'm catching up on my blog stalking :) I hope you don't sniss.