Tuesday, March 26, 2013

two months!




 Happy two months to Hannah. I would take you out to get ice cream to celebrate but your pediatrician says you have to stick to milk for a little longer. I know, what a party pooper. 

Now if you are worried that I am going to be over sentimental about every week and every month milestone of Hannah’s life then you would be right. I am terribly afraid of this little girl growing up! 
Every time a new baby pops up on Facebook I think to myself how I want a fresh newborn. Geeze Louise, my kid is only 2 months. At this rate we might just become the next Duggars. Just kidding, Brian!

Really though, I am just soaking in this time admiring every step of the way. One of my favorite times of the day is around 9:00 am when Hannah is slowly emerging out of her sleepy state. I peer over to my little grunting creature, eyes still closed, fist thrown in the air as if she is about to start a revolution. Finally her eyes open, bright and alert ready to start her day. I say “good morning Hannah” in the most gooberish voice and thats when she flashes me the biggest grin as if to say “why good morning to you momma dearest.” Melt my heart every time!! 

Hannah O had her two month appointment on Friday. Yes, the dreaded first appointment when shots are encouraged. There are such varying opinions out there on vaccines that people feel very strongly on. It seems like you are doomed if you do and doomed if you don’t.  Let me tell you after that not so fun experience part of me wants to never give this kid a shot again and the other part wants to get as many over at once, rather than what I thought to be a happy medium of a delayed schedule. Parenting decisions can be tough.

On a less controversial inducing note, the rest of her appointment went well. She weighed in at 12 pounds 2 ounces and is now 23 inches long. She is in the 75th percentile for height and weight, so I’d say she is starting to thin out a wee bit, hah!. Her big noggin’ though is still in the 90th percentile…big smart brain? Totally! 

We have been calling Hannah our little snow baby because it started snowing every week since the night she was born. We are looking forward to going down to Florida next week to escape this Wisconsin cold weather and to see family. I am happy to pull out the skirts for myself and short sleeve onesies for Hannah. We finally get to really introduce her to the outside world. We gave up on warm weather ever appearing and went for a walk the other day but Hannah was covered with long sleeves, pants, a fuzzy winter bear suit, a blanket, a winter car seat cover, a car seat shade, and finally a stroller shade. Needless to say I am excited for this kid to get some real fresh warm air and perhaps a little Vitamin D. Brian and I are especially excited to leave baby with grandparents for a few hours and go on our first post baby date.

These  past two months have come and gone in a whirlwind. We have enjoyed this little girl so much. I didn’t realize how much love I could have in my heart for such a tiny little human. What a little character she is growing to be; I am a wee bit afraid that she is already pretty dramatic. I really look forward to every day I get to spend with her and am continuously thankful for her.

No comments: