What a blast this month has been. Hannah has grown into such a happy little girl full of life and energy. We spent two weeks in Virginia with Memaw and Pawpe and had such a wonderful time. Hannah is starting to find so many things to be hilarious. Make a tooting noise and she is bound to become your biggest fan. We were surprised that she did awesome on the long trip to Virginia and back. She is becoming more and more content hanging out with just herself. I am happy to say she has started sleeping on her back and is out of that car seat. Granted she does wiggle around more at night but so far so good. Little miss chatty seems to change her voice every week. This week she is a squeaky miss squekerson, while the week before she was mesmerized by the vibrating sounds she was making. I gotta say, she is pretty much the cutest thing ever. My little baby is far from that tiny newborn that we brought home four months ago. I wish a could freeze these moments and remember every little detail forever.
Fast forward a few days:
Oh little Hannah, why won't you sleep? I'll admit it, I have been totally spoiled with a good sleeper and now I am being a big weenie. There are three things I value most in life: God, family, and SLEEP. Okay maybe that is a little dramatic, but seriously sleep is such a beautiful thing. This is giving me a major reality check on what a possible future newborn could be like.
As of lately, it has taken hours upon hours to get this kid to go to bed, and then she is up every two to three hours thereafter. The only way I have found to get her to go to sleep is to cuddle up with her. The second I lay her back into her own bed she starts crying. I feel like a walking zombie and am hoping and praying for my A+ sleeper to return back to me very soon. The good old world wide web calls this the four month wakeful stage, I call it the four month torture mom stage.
Luckily though, despite the lack of sleep on both our parts she is still pretty happy during the day. I kinda grimace at her when she smiles at me. You little punk, don't you know your little sleep boycott makes me cranky. In the end though I can't resist smiling back. Her cuteness is overwhelming and the joy she brings to me is just remarkable. Happy happy happy, indeed.


1 comment:
Sarah,
Again these pictures are precious! We may be prejudice but Hannah is the cutest baby I've ever seen. Love the picture with Hannah and Sampson.
Post a Comment