My dearest little one is half a year old. Every day is such an incredible joy. Brian always says how lucky I am that I get to spend the day with her, especially mornings when she is all smiles. It used to irritate me a bit because I was a little jealous that he has a good job and gets to interact with grown-ups. The more I thought about it though I realized that he is absolutely right; I am so lucky to have the opportunity and means to hang out with our little cutie all day every day. It really is the best job for me. I once confused the term stay at home mom with stay at home housekeeper. I don’t think our house has ever been messier. In fact our floor is still covered in Sampson hair and he hasn’t been around for two months. Rather than cleaning, my days are typically spent laughing, playing, snuggling, feeding, changing, and the occasional consoling. I really wouldn’t want it any other way; my heart is busting at the seams with love for our little lady.
Hannah had an exciting month. She got to visit Virginia and see both sets of grandparents plus aunts, uncles, cousins, all sorts of extended family, friends, and framily for the 20th annual Fourth of July party at the farm. Also new in this month is her second little toothie. She is starting to sit up and really playing with toys. It is fun to watch her develop into such an interactive little being. Sometimes I think it is silly to write about all these little milestones because what will it really matter in a few years as to when she first sat up, but each little moment is so new and fun.
Hannah recently started dabbling in some homemade baby cuisine. I honestly was not in too much of a hurry to start her on solids. Frankly breastfeeding is so easy and convenient for me with no prep and clean up required. The idea of preparing food, making a mess, having to clean containers, spoons, and bibs, plus the lovely poop to boot had me a little intimidated. Nonetheless our dynamic little girl showed ridiculous enthusiasm for everyone else’s food around her so I gave in. We however won't be giving into her fascination with beer bottles anytime soon. I have been surprised how fun and easy making baby food is. So far on the list are banana, sweet potato, avocado, pear, and carrot. It has become the highlight of my day feeding her these little snacks. She makes some hilarious expressions, squealing and flapping her hands in excitement. She even tries to grab the spoon and feed herself which she is surprisingly pretty successful.
She did have her first real true blue little kid meltdown
the other day. She was a bit cranky from a naptime hangover but was happily
enjoying pureed pear. She gobbled up the whole serving but was begging for
more. I showed her the inside of the empty container to which she immediately
started screaming and crying, alligator tears and all. Girlfriend likes her food just like her momma. I was totally conflicted
with the idea that she is soon going to require real discipline and that this
whole parenting thing is going to shift. It was pretty cute though, even her
cry makes my heart melt.
I think this past month has been the most fun. Hannah has
always been a chill and easy baby but this month she has been super interactive
and happy. She will just about smile at anything and anyone. I can’t get enough
of her funny little personality. I have a tough time believing that she is
growing up so fast. I really have loved being with her so much and am amazed
that even with all the time spent with her I can’t seem to take it all in quick
enough.
To our sweet firstborn, you are an outstanding and amazing
gift. Thank you for making it so easy to love you and parent you. You have
transformed my heart and my life. I am daily amazed and honored that I have the
opportunity to raise you and guide you. My little bug, I love you fiercely.
This beautiful season of life, I am so very grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment